Monday 3 August 2015

Grace: A Memoir

Grace Coddington has always been a fashion role model to me and I'm sure to a lot of other girls. As Creative Director of American Vogue she is a huge personality in the fashion industry so when I found out she had released her own autobiography I knew it was a must have read.

What I loved most about this book was the cute little doodles and illustrations that animated different experiences in Grace's life. I also loved all the various images of photoshoots she had modelled in or shot. It was interesting to read about her relationships with other well known icons in the fashion industry, particularly Anna Wintour. A women that is normally described as quite cold and not really approachable, Grace described her as a more caring, open lady. Anna once described Grace as "the heart and soul of the magazine, its guardian at the gate, its beacon of excellence." 

I really can't emphasise enough how much I enjoyed reading this book. I found it very inspiring in perusing my dreams of working in the fashion industry. I've always admired Grace Coddington's amazing contribution to fashion and highly recommend this as an enjoyable read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment